Couple of random thoughts

Couple of random thoughts

1. National day songs - it suddenly dawned on me that the focus of each year's National Day song has gone from those that are patriotic in nature to that are more sentimental/unity in nature. I still remember songs like "We have a vision", "Count on me Singapore" - whose words and beat cause the people of this little red dot to arise and stand for the country. I don't recall too many songs of the recent years but some of my favourites include "Home", "Where I belong", "Reach out for the skies" - songs that I thought were not as patriotic in nature as those of earlier past. Has the change been a reflection of our achievements or our complaceny? Hmmm...

2. Politics playing - this is something you find, not just in the official political circle, but everywhere as long as there is a creature called "human being." I hate politics playing - I hate to play politics and I hate people people who play politics. To a certain extent, I don't "blame" people for playing politics - sometimes it is really essential and necessary for survival. Over the years I keep reminding myself that I wouldn't allow myself to be dragged into politics, neither should I be found doing it for a couple of reasons:- (a) it's rather inevitable that people are backstabbed along the way when politics are played and I don't want to be the dagger thrower, (b) I know that God will act for me and playing politics to save my own skin would not be something that is pleasing to Him, (c) at the end of the day I still want to be able to recognize myself - woe to the day and time if I should be so suck into politics that I become a totally changed person that I cannot even recognize who I am...

3. Jesus and ministry training - now and then, churches conduct courses to train and equip lay or ministry staff in various areas for ministry. I wonder how Jesus trained His disciples when He spent time with them. Did He require them to finish a complete course before sending them out, or did it warm His heart that they carry out OJT (on the job training) as and when they learn, as and when they go. I wonder if Jesus was our trainer in all our courses, would He require that we all get a PASS before He dare to send us out, or He would rather we use whatever little we have learnt from Him and minister as the needs are brought before us ...

Some more food for thoughts huh ...


Comments

Popular Posts