The car-horn

The car-horn

Gosh, it's been almost a year since I last blogged =P ... Well, I guess the busyness of ministries and family had left me with little time to really sit through and ponder on things and penning my thoughts down. No excuse still, I know =)

After having my brain juice and brain power "pause" for so long, I suddenly felt the urge to begin writing again - well, not those theological pieces, but something simple and reflective, from daily life.

Was out tonight for some appointment and on my way back I had to pass by Orchard Road, the stretch from Scotts Road towards Newton, to be exact. A part of the road on the left side was merged from two lanes into one, and some cars were stopping to alight their passenger. The cars behind them began to signal their intention to filter out to the next lane, which happens to be the lane that I'm was driving in. As it was impossible for them to filter out while I was passing the cars by, I honked to signal a warning to them.

As I drove past, it began to dawn on me the real purpose and intention of the car-horn. What I just did caused me to think about the purpose of the car-horn. Shouldn't a car-horn be meant as an instrument to signal warning, and to alert road users and drivers to possible dangers and hazards? The next thought flashed past as I recall reports of ugly incidents concerning road bullies, some for misusing the car horn - honking out of impatience, and honking when they became inconvenienced. From an instrument with a pure and noble purpose, the human hands had used it as a tool to overpower and to hit back. Sad =(

This is just one of the thing that made me pause to ponder and think ... I believe if I look around more, put more thoughts and reflections into what is happening around daily, I will be able to see things meant for a pure and noble purpose being misused, because of man's pride and folly.

Till then ... =)

Comments

Popular Posts