Counting the manifold blessings

Counting the manifold blessings

2009 is fast coming to an end, and the new year that always gives a feel of freshness and newness is round the corner - its firm and confident footsteps coming nearer and nearer. How has 2009 been for you, and what do you expect 2010 to be?

For me, I have many things to give thanks for, although I would not say that 2009 has been an exceptionally wonderful year for me. 2009 is non-eventful but nonetheless God's hand has not at all been missing in every step of the way, in the days of 2009.

I'm personally thankful for:-
- How God has seen me through the many years of theological training, mugging away my hours and minutes and seconds. The final lap was the toughest as I felt really, really drained and emptied of all the energy I had to churn out the final paper. Yet God is good - what had to be done was done, and I had fairly good results. I finally got a degree after so many years of diplomas after diplomas =)

- The friendships made during college days, how opportunities to get to know some people better before we part ways, and before our busyness caught up with us.

- God's watchful eyes over my family. Mum has started her morning walks about 1/2 year ago, taking the doggie with her when she's out with my helper. She has since been in better spirit and health. She has started working on Sudoku puzzles too =)

- Work opportunities that came by upon graduation. Eventually, I decided that church should be the one I should be serving in, in appreciation for all the years of financial, moral and spiritual support the leadership has given me.

- Financial provision - whether as a full-time student or as a working person, God never fail to provide what's needed. The church gave me a good pay package and benefits, something beyond my expectations.

- A wonderfully good team of colleagues who has the passion for the Lord and His people, and for a wonderful pastor heading our team.

- How ways were paved for twin and how God led her back to take over the leadership of the school. We had been joking while I was still in college about whether we would be led back to where we met, and serve together again =) I'm excited for the new year because I know that twin is going to be used mightily, and in big ways, by the Lord, for His glory!

There are definitely more and my heart is definitely filled with gratitude and thanksgiving. As you look back to how God has blessed you, count the little blessings too - you will be amazed at how many there actually are, and how insufficient the space would be for you to pen everything down.

I look with excitement to 2010, although it's a year that entail many changes - changes in the church leadership, changes in the school leadership, changes perhaps even to my scope of work ... well whatever I don't know I commit into God's hand for I know that I need not fight for anything, but He will pave the way for me if it's His will to lead me to wherever He desires, for His purpose, for His glory, alone.

May 2010 be a wonderful and blessed year for all of you as well.

Comments

Popular Posts